After happily residing at this amazing estate for 17 years, Dr. Klein has retired to another area of the state and contracted us to market and sell this picturesque property. Historic "Elm Grove" (circa 1792), a Spotsylvania County and Lake Anna area gem, truly gives the new owner the best of both worlds with historic charm and architecture coupled with modern renovation and comforts. In addition, this rare property is an enthusiasts/hobbyists and home business owner's dream with 2 large multi bay climate controlled garages that would be perfect for collections, bed and breakfast, commercial kitchens, event centers and more. Also, there are 3 adjacent Runnymede Subdivision lots that are a part of this total tract that offers Lake Anna access. This offering must be seen to be appreciated, and our motivated seller is ready to turn this estate over for new owners to make many years of memories. Bid Your Price and Fulfill Your Dreams!!
- Renovated 3,900 +/- sf. 3 BR Federal style home w/2 full & 2 half bathrooms on 32.74 +/- acres
- Sun filled eat-in kitchen w/center island; formal dining room; living room; sunroom w/transom windows overlooking the pool; library; English walk-out basement with brick flooring, den, 1/2 bath and office; 5 brick porches
- Spacious owner's suite is highlighted by a spa w/private balcony overlooking the pool
- Heart of pine floors; built-in china cabinets; mantels; beamed ceilings in upper rooms; chair railing; dentil moldings
- Heating: oil fired hot water baseboard, heat pump for sun room & kitchen and 5 fireplaces; Cooling: heat pump for main floor & window units for 2nd floor; electric water heater; 300 amp service
- Well & 2 drain fields
- Asphalt driveway
- 20'x50' Gunnite pool encased by brick and highlighted by lion head fountains also features a cabana and hot tub
- 2 large climate controlled 8 & 6 bay garages both w/200 amp service (8,500 +/- total sf. w/25+ car capacity); 2 room guest cottage; reconstructed antique barn/carriage house; octagonal gazebo w/electricity & ceiling fan; small orchard; all roofs are standing-seam metal
- This offering features 3 deeded building lots in Runnymede Subdivision which offers deeded Lake Anna access, boat ramp, dock and play/picnic area. Great opportunity to keep for family members or sell to a builder. In addition, click on the link in the bullet below to investigate the subdividable possibilities of the remaining acreage!!
- Once owned by the Duerson, Holladay and Crafton families during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, this property is potentially eligible to be added to the National and State Historic Registers.
- Tax Maps: 54-A-39, 54-A-39A, 54A-4-13, 54A-4-13A, 54A-4-13B, 54A-4-23, 54A-4-23A, 54A-4-24, 54A-4-24A, 54A-1-18; Zoning: RR (Residential Resort) click here for zoning uses; 3 Runnymede Subdivision lots are a part of an HOA, and the dues are $100 per lot per year; Original home was built in 1792 w/an addition in 2001 and is clapboard sided.
- Only $400,000 Starting Bid!!
In order to avoid waiting at registration, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the auction start time.
Need Financing for this home?? Please contact Kelly Strauss for financing information (540-226-1279)
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 11/9/18, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Friday, November 2nd @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Kelly Strauss for more information (540-226-1279).
TERMS: $25,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Kelly Strauss 540-226-1279 or email@example.com). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check/certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 11/9/18) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.