Having retired from farming (3rd generation to farm this land) in order to relocate closer to their grandchild, the owners have entrusted us to market and sell this award winning income producing 47.9 +/- acre Rockingham County farm. This productive farm has tons of amenities, buildings & opportunity, and you will also have an opportunity to purchase an adjacent 3 BR/2 BA home on .88 +/- acre lot. Make plans now to take advantage of this rare opportunity to BID & BUY and Make it YOURS!!
Live On-Site Auction w/Live Real Time Online Simulcast Bidding for Your Convenience!!
Need a Mortgage?....Just click on one of the lenders in the "Financing" menu above.
Property Tours: Saturday, August 21 @ 12 Noon & Thursday, September 2 @ 5:30pm SHARP (Feel free to bring your inspector/contractor). Please contact Josh Puffenbarger (540-421-5007) for more information.
Please CLICK HERE for info on the Farm Equipment auction
- Solid 4 BR/1 BA two story home w/amazing mountain views in Rockingham County, VA
- The homes measures 1,665 +/- sf., and features a kitchen w/many updates (all appliances convey); den; dining room; laundry room; attic
- The entire first floor of the home has been remodeled in 2021, featuring refinished hard wood floors, new drywall, new appliances, new quartz countertop, new kitchen wiring, painted kitchen cabinets, renovated laundry room, new plumbing on 1st floor (roughed in plumbing for upstairs bathroom), new water heater w/filtration system, freshly painted porches and more!
- Hardwood flooring
- Front porch; small enclosed side porch
- Asphalt driveway up to the barn & gravel thereafter
- Heating: propane furnace (propane is purchased at a reduced rate w/the farm contract); Cooling: heat pump/central AC
- Well & septic system; electric water heater
- 2 42'x400' Poultry Houses
- The farm has been the Producer of the Year for 8 of the last 16 years for George's Foods. Georges is willing to renew the contract with the new owners
- Poultry houses are completely up to date and converted to tunnel ventilation in 2010
- 2 wells are tied together and will operate both poultry houses, livestock waterers & the home
- Cool cells installed in both poultry houses in 2012
- $100,000+ is solar panels that power the farm (average monthly electric bill is $15-20); 54KW solar system installed in 2020 w/a 10 year transferable warranty (the company offers a production guarantee if applied for).
- New 80KW Generac generator installed in 2018, and will operate the entire farm & home; 3 way disconnect also in place to be able to hook up an auxiliary generator
- Litter storage shed; hay storage shed; bank barn w/an automatic waterer
- Most of the property is fenced for pasture, and the fences are designed for rotational grazing; 4 automatic livestock waterers throughout the property in the fence line with electric to all waterers.
- 2 wells that are shared throughout the farm
- Irrigation access to ever-flowing Beaver Creek
- Fishing rights to the trout waters of Beaver Creek
- Quiet country setting and only 9.5 miles from I-81, 11 miles from Harrisonburg & James Madison University, 12.5 miles from Eastern Mennonite University and only .2 miles from Ottobine Elementary School (Turner Ashby school district)
- Tax Maps: 104-A-133, 104-A-133B & 104-A-134; Zoning: A1; Yearly County real estate taxes: $2,243.60 (currently in Land Use).; Home was built in the early 1900's and has vinyl siding exterior; WE GUARANTEE A FREE & CLEAR DEED
- Only $500,000 Starting Bid!!
Need Financing for this property?? Please contact Josh Puffenbarger for financing information (540-421-5007)
FOR REALTORS: if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 9/20/21, and all terms adhered to.