We are honored to have been contracted by the family to market and sell historic plantation house known as "Mansfield." In addition to the home, this property features a detached work shop w/an upstairs apartment and an extra lot. This is a wonderful opportunity to purchase history by Bidding Your Price!!
- 3 BR/3.5 BA 2,900 +/- sf. home on 2.48 +/- acres
- Eat-in kitchen; living room; dining room; study; unfinished walk-out basement
- This home was listed on the national and state historic registry in 1976, and features professional renovations, is in move-in condition w/beautiful wood floors, nice gardens, grand porches and more!
- 7 fireplaces located in both parlors, all bedrooms, study & dining room
- 3 porches w/2 brick terraces
- Wood & brick fencing
- Heated & cooled by heat pump w/propane backup
- Pubic water & sewer; electric water heater
- Detached 2 bay garage/work shop w/half bath and unfinished upstairs apartment
- Mansfield is one of a group of noteworthy dwellings associated with Roger Atkinson (1725-1798), a Petersburg tobacco merchant and land speculator. This home features some of the finest colonial woodwork in the country.
- Tax Maps: 9-5 (home on 1.74 +/- acres) & 9G9A41 (.74 +/- acre extra lot); Deed Book: 709/191; main house built in 1710 w/an addition in 1765 and is wood sided.
- Only $75,000 Starting Bid!!
In order to avoid waiting at registration, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the auction start time.
Need Financing for this home?? Please contact Anne Grindstaff for financing information (804-301-2488)
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 11/30/18, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Friday, November 16th @ 3pm SHARP. Please contact Anne Grindstaff for more information or to schedule a private tour of the property (804-301-2488).
TERMS: $10,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Anne Grindstaff 804-301-2488 or email@example.com). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check/certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 11/30/18) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.