Transitioning to a more manageable living environment with family, our seller has entrusted us to market and sell this gorgeous Shenandoah Valley property. Bear Wallow Farm/David Fultz House (circa 1845) offers an immaculately restored historic home, 35 +/- acres, barn, pastures, fencing and much more!! Whether you desire a farm, a family compound or residential investment potential, this scenic potential filled property awaits You as the New Owner!!
- 4 BR/2.5 BA restored historic and well maintained brick home (3,594 +/- finished sf. & 1,797 +/- unfinished sf.) on 35.17 +/- acres
- Eat-in kitchen w/custom cabinetry & millwork (all appliances and washer/dryer convey); living room; dining room; attic w/stairway; unfinished basement; front porch w/upper level porch & patio; attached 3 car garage w/new garage door openers
- 1.25" Heart of Pine flooring; vinyl flooring in bathrooms
- 8 fireplaces (not in use): gas logs in 2 fireplaces (propane tank has been removed); all brick work and chimneys were gone over and brought up to date during the restoration, but it is recommended these fireplaces be inspected prior to use.
- Heating: Oil fired boiler (hot water) w/radiant heat (8 zones), underground 550 gallon oil tank (Augusta Petroleum). Cooling: window units
- City of Staunton pubic water; Gravity septic system (all plumbing was replaced from the home to the tank, and tank has been pumped every 3 years); There is a cistern on the property (approx. 12' deep & 10' in diameter) that was the original water supply to the home
- Hot water: fired by boiler; Electricity: Dominion Power (400 amp service)
- Roofing is 40 year asphalt shingles (installed in 1991); Asphalt millings driveway (2017)
- Barn (approx. 20' x 50'); Fencing: some perimeter fencing, cross fenced for livestock, large chain link fenced area w/pens for dogs or smaller animals
- Farm yield for hay: 110 round bales per year (average 700#-900#); fertilizer applied every 2 years; land has been very well maintained
- Swimming Pool: New liner in 1992 & not currently being used
- With city water on site, this property is full of potential, and is located only 3 miles from I-81
- Tax Map: 10472; Deed Book: 318/754; Zoning: R1 (property is in the Clean+Green category; in AG-Forestal use for tax purposes). Annual county real estate taxes: $4,182.25; Original home built in 1845 w/restoration completed in 1992 by Todd Bros.
- Only $300,000 Starting Bid!!
Need Financing for this home?? Please contact Tony Wilson for financing information (540-748-1359)
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them visit www.nichollsauction.com and complete the Realtor Representation form. In order for the real estate agent to be compensated, forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 3/12/19, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Wednesday, March 6 @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Tony Wilson for more information (540-748-1359).